THE SOUND OF THE WILD
itinerant collection laboratory
and creative transformation of sounds into nature
the laboratory as the main language in Italian and in English if some participants request it.
Two days of workshops based on listening and recording the natural landscape.
The goal is to use sound as a means to reconnect with nature.
During the activities we will investigate sound through the use of contact microphones and hydrophones, directional and omnidirectional, offering participants new listening points; we will hear up close how water, trees, stones and the various elements of the surrounding landscape play and resound, letting them flow or interacting with them to discover new sounds.
Day 1 IN NATURE
PARK OF AESON IN FIUMICELLO – from 9.00 to 13.00:
• notice what you notice: visual observation and free narration of the landscape in pairs;
• attunement: guided and active listening to the natural landscape and sound interaction with it;
• field recording: listening and recording of the soundscape with various microphone techniques;
• collection of elements: everyone will choose a natural element to play the following day;
Day 2 IN THE STUDIO*:
• processing of the recordings: we will listen to and process the recordings made on the first day to create a soundscape together, as well as a sound library to use in one’s own artistic activities;
• organic jam: sound improvisation with natural elements collected on the first day accompanied by the previously created soundscape.
- The location of the study will be communicated directly to the participants.
4h a day for 2 days.
Maximum 15 people
Minimum age +15
- notebook for notes;
- footwear and clothing suitable for going to slightly inaccessible areas;
- sunscreen and insect repellent;
- water and possible packed snack on the first day.
For the second day:
- if you like to bring your PC and your audio software;
- lunch will be offered by the people of AESON! If you want, bring something to drink or eat to share.
Free participation up to 15 people
Interest in music, audio and recording is welcome but not essential.
Registration by Monday 5 June by sending an email to email@example.com
with name, surname, email and telephone number and a short motivational sentence about why you want to participate in the workshop.